SPSA: Rigby, Elizabeth, and Cory Maks-Solomon. 2018. “Who Represents the Rich? Who Represents the Poor?” In Southern Political Science Association Annual Meeting. New Orleans, LA.
APSA: Rigby, Elizabeth, and Cory Maks-Solomon. 2017. “Are the Rich Always Better Represented than the Poor?” In American Political Science Association Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA.
- Comments on the draft are welcome. Most recent draft can be found here. (And the Online Appendix is available here.)
- This research received media coverage at Vox.
Maks-Solomon, Cory. 2018. “Direct Election and Economic Policy Voting in the U.S. Senate.” In Midwest Political Science Association Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL.
- Roll call votes codebook available here.
- Replication data and Stata do-file available here.
- The featured image shows all Oregon Plan states that adopted a form of de facto direct election before the implementation of the 17th Amendment. (Source: Kenny and Rush 1990)